New Reply
[Jorney] Ebay
29-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Hi, All
I chose the username HardW0rker for a reason.

What I learned by doing IM for past 2 years, if you don't work hard, you can't do it Sad

Anyway, I'm starting this thread to document my journey becoming an Ebay seller again, no matter how hairy it may get. I say again because I used to sell on Ebay on a very part time basis years ago. In fact, I earned Powerseller status twice. I couldn't keep the status because I didn't sell enough. I wasn't taking it seriously. But I did enjoy my experience.

Marriage and Family
I've been with the same man for 15+ years, 13 of it married. We've had our ups and downs like any other couple. And during that time, we created a family: a boy and a girl. So our family is complete.

We also made choices that have flown in the faces of both sides of our families' lifestyles. The 3 major ones were that I became a stay-at-home mom, we homeschool our kids, and we run a business.

Money Problems
It's been tough to say the least. We made a lot of stupid mistakes financially, mainly spending money we didn't have, not saving money, racking up credit cards, using credit cards to pay Tom, d****, and Harry, you know the deal. It was a vicious cycle.

About 5 years ago, we jumped off the deep end and cut up all our credit cards and slowly paid off all our debt. It was painful knowing how much we depended on our credit cards. But we now have 2 credit cards with tiny credit while we work on fixing our damaged credit. We own all our cars and business equipment free and clear. We don't own a dime to anyone else.

Problem is, we depend solely on our construction business to bring in money. It's a new business that we started late last year. While husband is booked, it's just him doing all the labor. No employees yet. I'm concerned that he may get hurt on the job or get sick and we won't have a way to pay the bills.

Hubby's allowed me to be a stay at home mom and homeschool our kids from day one. While it's been mentally demanding, draining, and time consuming for me, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Choices
All of this would be fine for me except for one glaring fact.

We live with his parents in WA.

Yeah, I know. It's embarrassing.

We've lived with his parents on and off for about 12 years. They're generous and kind. They never want us to pay rent or utilities. They want us to save up to buy a house of our own.

But like I said previously, our lifestyle choices go completely against theirs. It's like night and day. They worked all their lives and put their kids through public school. We didn't.

And while I'm absolutely thankful for their generosity in letting us live at their house rent free, we've always wanted our own house, even if it's small.

But from reading several self-help type books, we haven't wanted to move out "bad enough". Things have been comfortable because we have a place to stay and we make enough to pay our own bills.

I'm just sick and tired of living a mediocre life. I'm tired of the way things are because I know there's a much better life waiting for us and our kids. I want a home for our kids to grow up in.

At the rate we're going, we'll slowly save up money to buy land and build a house here. I don't want that. While WA is a beautiful state, it's not home.

But CA is. That's where we grew up and that's where my side of the family lives.

In order for us to move back to the very expensive state of CA, I need to pull in a steady, more reliable income. On my own, I'm making nothing because I spend a good portion of my waking hours taking care of and homeschooling the kids.

Over the years, I've dabbled in many things, including ebay, writing, affiliate marketing, graphic designing, and even the adult industry *gasp*. No, I wasn't getting rammed in every whole possible in front of the camera or talking dirty and breathing heavy on the phone. Undecided

I made a little money here and there. just not enough.

My Biggest Enemy
So here I am. I've done several things, got stuck in the shiny object syndrome, and gone nowhere blazingly fast. It's time to go for it and get out of my hell hole state of mind, out of WA and back to CA where we belong.

But in order for me to do that, I need to make drastic changes. I need to destroy the seemingly impenetrable walls of my comfort zone and that's been the toughest obstacle for me.

I've been my own worst enemy and it's taken me nearly all my life to figure that out. I'm the reason why I haven't succeeded thus far and it's time to get out of my own d*** way.
If you made it this far, amazing. I can go on forever sometimes. And I left out a lot of stuff too. Biggrin

This thread is to keep myself accountable. I have a lot of projects in the works, some are membership sites (2 of which are complete and just need maintenance and traffic), projects pertaining to graphics (because I'm artsy and it's good for my soul), and others that are on the backburner (real estate investing, copywriting). I work on them a little here and there as time permits, usually late at night.

Ebay
But this thread is focusing on my efforts on becoming a serious Ebay seller. I know it's tough as there are 1.3 million (if not more?) sellers vying for the same attention. But I'm not going into this half-ass or with a brand new account. I'm using my account that I've had since 2003. I've accumulated 482 100% positive feedback.

In the last few months I've picked up a few things such as small ebooks and full size courses, all relating to Ebay. I will be studying what I have and implementing what I learn into massive action. No more bullshitting or sitting on my ass doing nothing but feeling sorry for myself and my situation.

This thread will keep track of my progress. As I study the books and courses, I'll review them here. I'll put up links to the small ones here and link to the threads where you can find the big courses, if interested. I'll be frank and go into as much detail as I can without giving away the entire cow.

Things I'm not going to do
I'm on an almost nonexistent budget at the moment given the situation I'm in. So at the moment I won't be buying actual products. I'll focus mainly on arbitrage.

I do have a handful of used items that I'm going to sell, and eventually I will buy a few things to sell on ebay (whether I get them from ebay, garage sales, thrift shops, dollar stores, etc.)

I also won't do the following:
Create and sell ebooks I write on CDs
Gather public domain content to sell on CDs
use Ebay classifieds to sell digital products (at least not yet)
Buy old books, tear out the plates and sell them individually
Goals
My goal is small at the moment. I want to make $1,000 a month. It's reasonable and doable. While it may be chump change for some of you, it would make a difference for me and my family.

Eventually, I want to make $5,000-$10,000 and even more a month so that hubby can quit doing back breaking work and just help me run our internet businesses. Whether I reach the 5 digits a month with just ebay or a combination of that and my other projects, really doesn't matter to me.

Let's keep this thread clean and positive. I already know how to make S*** passes at myself. I don't need help in that area. If this thread gets negative, I'll just stop posting and keep writing in my computer journal.

Thanks for reading this. Let's rock 2014 42rock
01-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Good luck with your Journey! Today if i had the time i will add one blackhat method with which you can make 30-50$/day without much work. I will add it in VIP.

P.S. Its a Good idea to follow the rules and post an Introduction before making other threads.

stay united
10-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Would love to know how you are getting on with your goals.

I relate to a lot of what you said and hope that your journey is a successful one.
New Reply

Options +

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

About Blackhat Land - Web, Marketing and Friendship

Blackhat Land is Internet marketing and money making forum based around active and helpful members in a friendly community.
Terms of Service |Advertise

Links

Web, Marketing and Friendship!